At Fleury we are dedicated to:
use high quality ingredients that are found in nature and have a positive effect on our bodies. This means ingredients that can be harvested and used in their original form or ingredients that can be extracted from plants or minerals e.g. honey and essential oils.
- use natural ingredients that are environment friendly and do not have a harmful effect on the body and/or environment e.g. mineral oil, talc, palm oil.
- use natural colourants. All of our products contain either White Kaolin clay, Red Illite Clay, Green Illite Clay, Pink Illite clay or Activated Charcoal as colouring agent. These create a very limited range of colours, therefore, after extensive research on the topic, Titanium Dioxide has been added to a few products in order to create the more aestetic appearance that we aspire to. Titanium Dioxide is proven to be safe to use in foods, paints and cosmetics when used in a fine or coarse form, however not as a nano particle. Details are found in our ingredient lists for each soap. http://www.organicmakeup.ca/ca/titaniumdioxide.asp. We do not use any micas or artificial colourants.
- use no preservatives.
- avoid natural ingredients that are produced or extracted from their source materials using environmentally harmful processes e.g. Sulfonation and Ethoxylation which can leave behind harmful contaminants like 1, 4-Dioxane. http://safecosmetics.org/article.php?id=288
- use high quality approved essential oils or consider using ingredients that are found in nature but are only available when produced to be nature-identical for environmental and sustainability reasons, such as the use of Nature identical Vanilla fragrance oil (natural vanilla essence does not hold in soap) and Nature identical Rose essential oil (too costly). http://safecosmetics.org/article.php?id=1112. Essential oils are known to lose their fragrance much faster than perfumes, especially in soaps which are left open to cure and dry. We try to combat this at best by keeping our soaps covered in paper and linen until sold.
- use only materials that are environmental friendly and recycleable for packaging, such as teabags, paper and Kraft boxes. We do not use any plastic or even poly cello bags - instead we keep our products wrapped in baking paper and antique German linen to retain as much fragrance as possible.
- use only natural, handmade decorations on our products, such as flowers and herbs from our garden and handmade pottery and hand dyed teabags. Our soap stamps are also made by us. Our Fleury tags are hand dyed antique German linen which are manually stamped with our logo.
- support our local businesses by using local brewed beer, honey from the local hivery and Ancient German Stone Salt (Ursalz).
- to use fewer quality ingredients at a maximum level in each recipe. Each ingredient is carefully chosen for it's proven benefits to the skin. We do not try to create an impressive label by listing numerous impressive oils or additives at a minimal quantity.
- not test any of our products on animals, only on our supportive friends and family! The final toxicological and safety assessments have been completed according to EU Requirements by cosmetic assessors in England.
- providing you with an exclusive product, a combination of goodness and uniqueness, handmade with great care.